Beliefs I Live By & Work From
- Each person is a gift and an irreplaceable resource in this world.
- Love is absolutely essential for our well-being. Figuring this out with people is a cornerstone of any help we may offer.
- Control over our own life is a right;helping others to get it and keep it is a responsibility.
- True help comes from a place of equality.
- Everyone learns; everyone grows. We need to keep offering each other invitations, opportunities, and encouragement to do this in life-affirming ways over time.
- Respect has to be universal...equally shown to all groups and individuals and all that are living in our world.
- An individual person is more important than any tool, technology, or organizational structure.
- "Human Service" means responding to the strengths and needs of people who need a little extra help, in ways that truly put their concerns first.
- Listening is an art we must continue to practice and appreciate.
- We need to have much more joy, celebration, exploration, connection...and fun...in all of these pursuits.